The music standard license grants the purchaser the ability to use the musical work (the item) that you have purchased on a non-exclusive way and worldwide under the following terms:
- Ability to use the item to create a single final product: It can be incorporated into an audio-only or audio-visual work and combined with other elements to create a final product that is more complex and different from the initial item. Some examples would be: DVDs, audio books, games, online videos for YouTube or Vimeo, social networks.
- You can also play the item directly, as background music or standby or as a ringtone for your cell phone.
- Ability to use the item to create an end product that can be performed in public, displayed, distributed and reproduced (but not through radio or television transmission), free of charge or for commercial purposes (subject to the limitations in clause ⚠️).
- Both Internet views and prints of the final product are unlimited, even if your video reaches more than 1.000.000 views.
- Ability to create a final product targeted to a single customer, transferring the license to that customer.
- Possibility of modifying the initial item or combining it with other products to create a final product. (Subject to the limitations of clause ⚠️E.).
- Possibility of making variations of the final product and distributing it through various media. Example: Create a reduced version of an advertisement, distribute a TV movie via DVD or translate a video into several languages.
⚠️Limitations to these permissions
⚠️A. Only 10.000 digital downloads of the final product or 10.000 copies in physical format are allowed. Examples: downloaded games, ebooks, DVDs, applications.
⚠️B. The transmission of the final product by radio or television is not allowed.
⚠️C. If the final product is a movie, it cannot be shown in movie theaters. Use of the product in an independent film or at festivals is permitted.
⚠️D. If the final product is musical, it cannot be performed when the author of the item is registered with a performing rights organization.
⚠️E. It is not permitted to claim ownership of the original item or the modified item. Example: If you have edited the article to fit a video, you are not allowed to claim rights to the music in the video.
This music license is ideal for youtube creators.
⛔️ This license does not allow
- Only one use of the final product is allowed. Example: If you want to distribute a music video over the Internet and also broadcast it on television, you must purchase a license for each case.
- It is not allowed to incorporate the item into an original music product that has already been created, even if the item has been modified. It is also not allowed to distribute it in this way, not even for free. Example: You cannot modify an original song and distribute it on a music CD.
- It is not allowed to use the item in products that can be modified physically or digitally by an end user. This would only be possible if you purchase a license for each end product that the end user has created with the item.
- It is not permitted for the end user to extract the item from the end product and use it separately.
- It is not permitted to claim trademark or service mark rights on the item integrated into the end product.
- It is not allowed to use the item for illegal purposes or use it to create a defamatory, obscene or degrading end product.
- You may not use the item in violation of applicable export laws.
- You may not claim ownership of the item, even if it has been modified under clause A.5.
This license may be terminated if any of the provisions are violated and the violation is not remedied. Termination entails stopping the allowed use of the final product until the item is removed from it.